Friday, December 11, 2020

The UWM Post

Guest post by Agnes Lopez Flores

My research for this class was done through the UWM library system. Archivists like Abigail Nye set up fantastic resources to teach students how to use the online search engine on the library website. I mainly focused on the Archives and Special Collections for these projects. While it is best to be able to see and interact with the physical documents, I preferred finding a resource that was uploaded digitally in case the library became unavailable due to Covid-19. I believe archives are still working on digitizing many of the items of their collection so I am sure I missed many great primary sources. 

What is good about digital collections is that I get a wider view of the variety of resources in archives. This is the copy of the UWM Post I used for my primary source analysis.

A page from the UWM Post

While doing research last year in the same realm, I did not even think about the UWM Post as a source; so this helped me think of other topics I could research.

No comments:

Post a Comment