Thursday, December 14, 2023

My Experience Conducting Primary Source Research

 Guest post by Ethan Christensen 

I had an excellent experience conducting primary source research for the poster I presented at the tabling event. I found all the sources online as I could not find anything in person. There was very little I could find on both Armand Spitz and his A3P Projector, as there is not very much scholarship on both of them. I found my primary source photographs on the University of Milwaukee’s archives website and my information on Armand Spitz through Google and Google Scholar. Very few websites had information about Spitz and his life, but I was fortunate enough to find an excerpt from an article about his life and a journal with stories written by his daughter. I wish there were more readily available information about Spitz and his projector. Still, there was a sufficient amount for me to gather and put into a presentation. I disliked that I could only learn about an overview of his life; I would love more detailed accounts of the events of his life like there are for so many other historical people.

Works Cited

Spitz-Rice, Verne, Joyce Towne, and Chadds Ford. "Who Was Armand Spitz? Father, Husband, Educator, Innovator." Planetarian, December 1, 2013. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.ips-planetarium.org/resource/resmgr/pdf-pubs/Rice_and_Towne_Armand_Spitz_.pdf.

DiAbbatantuono, Brent P. "Armand Spitz—Seller of Stars." International Planetarium Society, August 1994 - March 1995. https://www.ips-planetarium.org/page/a_abbatantuono1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment